Saturday, July 19, 2008

Blue!!



The day started with sixteen silvers, bought directly off the fishing boat. Under a characteristically cloudy sky, we washed and wrapped them assembly line style before tossing them in the deep freeze. As we finished, the sun began to peek out. We could see blue!! Tim spent the rest of the day shirtless with a chain saw and axe cutting up wood for the winter. I spent some time stacking, and then took off for a hike.

When I arrived at Bear Ridge, dark clouds were rolling in over the mountains and it poured down rain on me. By the time I topped out on the ridge, the sun was out again. Next, fog moved in. And then, as I ran further back the ridge to Mc Hugh Peak, the sun came out again. The views were spectacular as the weather continued to improve. Maybe summer is finally here! Several hours later I returned home, tired and happy, to find Tim even more tired, and maybe a little less happy after cutting up two trees.



The fog rolling in on one side while the sun shines on the other



Looking up Rabbit Lakes Valley



Near the top of Mc Hugh Peak



Looking up the next valley towards Suicide peaks



The mountain man

No comments: