Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Sweet Home Alaska

After watching Barney take over two and a half minutes off of the 50 to 59 age group record on Mount Marathon, Tim and I headed to the airport to catch a plane to Alabama for a whirlwind weekend family reunion. After clearing up some of the many stories Tim's relatives have heard about Alaska, it was my turn. Because I have heard quite a few stories about Alabama! We had a good laugh about the confederate flag, cousin marriage, and other rumours of the South. And of course, we watched NASCAR.

We returned to Sweet Home Alaska to find out that the black bear I had seen run through the yard on Friday had returned and plastered its tongue all over the windows in my grandfathers house while they sat inside, five feet away, and watched. Alas, no photos of the alleged event, but I did see some smears.



The men's race starting up Mount Marathon



Barney, coming down the mountain



Tim's uncle is an avid hunter, with a trophy room spanning six continents.



The family.



Tim is about to get eaten! Well, not quite. Hopefully, he never gets quite this close and personal to a bear in Alaska!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my I think I saw myself in that trophy room, ugh. hound dog